Friday, May 11, 2012

Local Food for Foodies

I love the idea of bringing the art of preparing food back to its roots-- creating authentic dishes that represent the terroir from which they come. It's an exciting concept I've noticed popping up here and there (Slow Food and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution are two on my radar), and now blogger/chef Ryan Velilla fuses his passion for gourmet ingredients and epicurian plate presentations with a commitment to Southern California's unique edible offerings. Not only do I adore local, seasonal, sustainably-produced food and beverage, I'm also a closet Lord of the Rings lover. So any one thing that incorporates both of these elements is a winner in my eyes. Velilla's "The Hobbit" cocktail manages to do just that. Can't wait to give this one a try!

Photo via caterroirproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment